Sunday 29th April 2012 River Gorges

Sunday 29th April 2012

Kalbarri National Park River Gorges

Just a short drive from Kalbarri we entered the dramatic ancient gorge country of Kalbarri National Park. But first we had to travel 27 kms on a dirt corrugated road ... OMG talk about shake rattle and roll... we had to travel speeds of 90km to try and make it a smoother ride..But once there it was well worth the ride...

 Here we saw the marvel at nature’s power, carving the landscape over millions of years ago.  We were able to explore the depths and heights of these huge gorges and admire the  vast sand plains. This spectacular scenery and red rock gorges  were cut from the landscape by the Murchison River.


We first visited "The Loop" where we walk a short distance to some awesome views..





No I have not put weight on its my tummy problem that makes me look pregnant !!!

You can walk  down to the "Natures Window" which is down in the valley.... we didn't do the walk because I had my tummy problem, which is hard to walk with at the best of times..and it was also very hot..John didn't go either because he didn't want to leave me..but he should have gone as I'm sure the view was awesome...

Natures Window is a natural arch carved from red rock, perfectly framing the upstream view. Peer through for a spectacular look at the Murchison River and the gorges that line it.


We then drove on to the Z Bend which is a lookout into the gorges that plunge 150 metres below into the Murchison River that forms the letter Z.





John walked down to the gorge to take these pictures I stayed up top...it was 35 degrees too hot for me to walk down there..

On the way back we stopped off at the "Red Bluff" and had fun in the water... I didn't intend to get wet but it was so hot who cares...















No comments:

Post a Comment