23rd August 2012 Hideaway Bay

We decided to venture out and go for a drive to Hideaway Bay today...Situated just north of Dingo Beach on the way from Proserpine to Bowen, the bay is one of the Whitsunday’s best kept secrets.

Driving on the country roads to it.. I was chatting to Mychele on the phone and noticed up ahead road-kill and once again a huge animal at the side of it...As we got closer I realised it was a wedge tail eagle... Bugger missed my chance again, as I didn't expect to see them out here and I did not have my camera ready....John pulled up as he flew off and he landed in a tree on the other side of the road I quickly jumped out with camera in hand but he flew away again too far for me to catch a shot ... We turned the truck around and waited for him to return to finish his meal... but he only circled us up above...very high in the sky.. I managed to get a couple of shots in that I cropped...



Arriving at Hideaway Bay we found a lovely secluded beach...much different to the beaches in Airlie...the water was so warm...and moored on the water was lots of sail boats...all resting before sailing to Hamilton as it's the big races on there this weekend...






 They had a nice small resort there too with a bar and restaurant.. we had morning coffee here..and yummy lemon meringue pie..


From there we drove further on to a place called Monte's which also has accommodation and restaurant, which was packed with all the people off the sailing boats in for lunch...




 How's this for living comfortable...huge house on the beach with a huge boat parked in front...

No comments:

Post a Comment